Saturday 23 March 2013

Winter weather returns



It's been a cold week in Scotland.

I've lived here for 14 years. Usually, Spring comes early, and in March the flowers are up and the sun is stronger. This past week, however, has featured snow and strong winds.

I like snow, but I'm ready for Winter to be over.

*

A reasonable training week:

Mon: swim 1400m
Tues: run 8 miles
Weds: swim 900m (busy day)
Thurs: run 1 mile, 2 x 800 with 400 recovery
Fri: swim 1650 m
Sat: bike 30 mins on turbo
Sun: 10K race, hopefully.

So, the biking is still a difficulty. I also didn't go too hard this week because I want to be fresh for the 10K race, and because I had a tough run the preceding Sunday.

While riding my bike on the turbo today I watched youtube clips about triathlon training. One woman talked about training 12-20 hours a week. I'm nowhere near this.

*

After a busy week, today was slightly quiet. So, while my son was in the bath, I laid out my race clothes for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment