Sunday 29 March 2020

Coronavirus diaries: day 7

The motorway was really quiet this morning.

The latest news is that the infection is expected to peak here in Scotland in two to three weeks, and that we should expect that the stay-at-home restrictions will continue for 13 weeks.

Like a marathon, I'm not thinking about the whole duration. I'm just focusing on each week as it comes.

And as this week has come to a finish, it is striking how long it seems. It seems like a long time ago when the restrictions on movement were made, though it was only Monday. Life seems to have slowed down, and this in some ways in pleasant.

I also have this sense that as long as I stay home I will not get sick. So, it's not quite as tedious as might be imagined.

Also, of course, we have access to a lot in our online world. Imagine if the pandemic had struck in the pre-internet world.

No comments:

Post a Comment